The 2022 Summary of Ministries is here! The theme for this year’s review is STAND.
We’ll let Paraclete associate and Communications Lead Rebecca Hopkins introduce the summary of our work here:
I broke my leg in three places at the end of 2021. As we work on this 2022 Summary of Ministries, I can now stand and walk without crutches (using a walking boot) and drive again using an ankle brace. My physical therapist is helping me regain strength and movement in all the many muscles, tendons, ligaments (and lots of hardware) in my ankle. I’m appreciating resiliency, healing, and friends who’ve inspired me to find joy during this long recovery.
Also, as I’ve spent time reading through the stories of steady determination that Paraclete associates reported from their ministries in 2021, I’ve been thinking about the importance of standing.
• Standing beside those fleeing war and violence
• Standing by pastors who are barely hanging on in the midst of division and a pandemic
• Standing for better practices in our organizations and health in our faith communities
• Standing with survivors of abuse and whistleblowers who bring abuse to light
• Standing alongside those who are struggling to get through their day
• And of course, standing firm in Christ and His strength
And in the case of Liberian native Maya Clark, who made our cover, sometimes standing with others means helping a new life simply breathe.
Thank you for standing with us in supporting this work.
Paraclete Communication Lead